Landscape Lighting and Safety
Have you walked through a professionally-installed lighting system on a landscape? Lovely and interesting isn’t it? Surely, all the elements that made the lighting system work were put together by a professional electrician. With the help of an expert, you can create an original plan which will play the most attractive ambience.
If you are considering of landscape lighting, then you have to take note of several factors like dimension and appeal. Remember, it is not just about the function anymore. Adding lights along the driveway is a personal, welcoming gesture for your visitors. These make first impression memorable as your guests remember the gorgeous entrance you have.
Lighting water features like the fountain or pond teeming with Koi fish can give life to any landscape. In doing so, you are adding glitter and dazzle to your home. The water accessory also becomes more visible at night and this perfect for homeowners who love to hold parties.
Low-Voltage Lighting Beauty
A few of the low-voltage lights today can do the trick. The right lighting can guarantee safety in your back garden as there are fewer places where intruders can hide. When you go back home at midnight, having landscape lighting can also give illumination in the usual vague areas. The lights assure that you get to your home in safe and sound. Low-voltage lighting also ensures that you will never upset your neighbors with brilliant lights.
Aside from the initial advantages mentioned, low-voltage landscape lights are also cheap and charming. These make them the perfect light for a backyard pool, decks, and gardens.
There are now choices for you to install the low-voltage lighting on your own but there are also advantages when you let an expert to install the lights for you. Ready-made kits may seem interesting because of their reasonable price but letting a professional electrician does the job can make a big difference in the safety, appeal and finish.
Safety is Always Guaranteed
Outdoor lighting such as sconces, string lights, garden lights are all great to look at. However, home owners must be careful about their maintenance and upkeep because they can turn into fire hazards. Here are a few ways to keep your property well-lighted and danger free.
- Turn off the power when wiping the lights down.
- Do not use chemical based cleaners because they can corrode the metal casing or housing of lamps and leave wires exposed.
- Choose LED lights when you can because these don’t attract insects and they do last for much longer. They are also safer to use over the long term.
- Check for safety labels. String lights should be UL-approved, which means that they can be used in wet environments. Always check for US, ETL, CSA safety labels.
- When using low-voltage wiring for your lawn, don’t cover it with dirt or wood chips. The wires may become exposed over time, and may become a fire hazard.
- Consider where you place your fixtures. Some tall fixtures should not be placed at the end of the driveway or near places where children frequent since this can cause accidents or injuries.